What are Cookies
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
CMD Ltd uses permanent cookies to enable basic web traffic analysis using Google Analytics.
These will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We use code in our email communications to track whether that email has been opened and read, and whether the recipient has used the onward links contained in the email. This allows us to monitor and improve our email communications.
CMD Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
- how we collect the information
- what information we collect
- what we do with the information
How we collect the information
We collect information about you when you:
- visit the website, and other sites accessible from the website
- register with and buy products on the website
- take part in promotions, competitions, customer surveys and questionnaires
- contact us eg in writing, call customer services.
What information we collect
We may collect the following information:
- company name and position
- demographic information including postcode
- contact information including telephone number, address and email
- industry type
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information
Any information you give will be available to CMD Ltd. We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service.
We may also use your information for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping
- improving our products and services
- we may periodically send promotional emails about special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- we may use your information to contact you by telephone or email for market research purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Like most websites, our server gathers limited information about you during a session, including the IP address and domain name from which you are accessing the server and your browser configuration. This information is only used to help us improve the content, design and performance of the site, and is not linked to the identity of any individual user.
Cookies are small pieces of information that are transferred to and stored by your browser on your computer.
In no circumstances do we collect any data that is not directly related to the use of the website (for example, we do not record other sites that you have visited).
The log files or any information they contain about your use of the site will not be made available to any third parties other than as anonymous usage statistics.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to: Jonathan Griffin, CMD Ltd, Sycamore Road, Rotherham, S65 1EN.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.